Fashion Design Area
NABAâs Fashion Design roots are in its academic tradition; its anthropologic vision connected with visual arts, media, and design.
NABA Fashion Design has its origins in Milan, the heart of the fashion industry, with its Fashion Weeks, magazine publishers, and lively culture of contemporary art and design. Today, with its new location in Rome*, NABA Fashion Design can add to its portfolio the Italian tradition of high fashion, with the Altaroma catwalks, the prestigious brands that are synonyms of sophisticated elegance and the stimulating influence of classic art, contemporary architecture and Italian cinema.
From these solid roots a young and up-to-date school has sprung, one that is aware of the fashion industryâs need to respond in real time to market requests and that anticipates new possibilities for studentsâ professional futures.
NABAâs focus on the connection between fashion and art fosters professional excellence and more job possibilities .
With a fundamental approach that is both creative and practical, the school leads each student to find and develop his/her own talents, guided by accomplished faculty members through experiences of collaboration with companies that are connected to the cultural, social, and economic life of the city.
Professional knowledge and skills grow in an atmosphere of curiosity and motivation, looking at and working out things more than simply seeing and recording them.
The educational pathway involves the transformation of students into professionals, through principles of clear and authentic personal growth:
- Living a creative profession
- Enhancing the motivation to hone skills
- Learning the tools and techniques that express design content
- Finding oneâs own personal skills through teamwork
- Exploring new job possibilities
- âFashion Is a Languageâ: discovering new vocabularies through cross-cultural collaborations
- Communicating oneâs own identity through fashion design projects
* New Rome location subject to authorization by the MIUR (Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research)