Students with a valid higher secondary school diploma are requested to contact the Italian Embassy or Consulate in order to:
A. SUBMIT THE PRE-ENROLMENT FORM (A BIS FORM) - (NON EU STUDENTS ONLY)
The pre-enrollment will give you the possibility to study at NABA and allow you to obtain the study VISA from the Italian authorities. Students are asked to fill in a form called A-Bis (available at the Italian Embassy/Consulate or in their website) within a specific deadline, which varies according to the yearly guidelines provided by the Italian Ministry of Education. Pre-enrolment sessions are usually scheduled between May and June of each year.
B. OBTAIN THE DECLARATION OF VALUE OF THE HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL DIPLOMA
The Declaration of Value (Dichiarazione di Valore in Loco) is part of a process called “PERFEZIONAMENTO
DOCUMENTI”, necessary for all students who have gained a high school diploma different from the Italian one called Maturità, and which consists in:
1. TRANSLATION INTO ITALIAN – MADE BY A CERTIFIED TRANSLATOR – OF YOUR ORIGINAL HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL DIPLOMA (or substitute certificate) legalized by the competent authorities in the country where the diploma was issued.
2. “DICHIARAZIONE DI VALORE IN LOCO” (DECLARATION OF VALUE) OF YOUR HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL
The “Dichiarazione di valore in loco” is the document attesting that the study qualification you obtained is valid to study at Italian Universities/Academies as long as it proves:
• to be a final official title of the higher Secondary School of the foreign education system
• the study title allows to enter a graduate program which is comparable to the Italian BA Degree
• the study title is obtained at the end of a period of study lasting at least 12 years
• In case a national test or final exam is necessary to enter a higher education institution in the student’s country of origin, such test/exam is also mandatory for entering Italian BA programs and should be reported in the DOV (Gao Kao and Yi Kao in China, YGS in Turkey, …).