On December 14th, live streaming in Anteo Palazzo del Cinema and live streaming on NABA YouTube channel, the second edition of NABA Communication Awards took place. The initiative was born and presented by NABA with the aim of rewarding the best projects created by the students of the Communication and Graphic Design Area, and of celebrating the evolution of languages, styles and means of communication.
For each one of the categories, the event awarded the best Undergraduate Projects, realised within the BA in Graphic Design and Art Direction, and Postgraduate Projects, created by the students of the MA in Communication Design (that evolved in the MA in Visual Design and Integrated Marketing during A.Y. 2020/21) and of the Academic Master in Creative Advertising. Every work presented was an expression of creativity of each one of the authors, based on didactic exercises developed by the students, and has been selected by a jury composed of professionals and experts within the fields of communication, design, advertising, publishing and production.
In particular, the prizes awarded to the best Undergraduate Projects were:
- Advertising: “Voto GenZ” by Matteo Pace, Giorgio Vitto (Out of Home); “Scomodi equilibri” by Sofia Randone, Luca Salatto, Rebecca Taveggia, Yan (Commercial); “Le stelle di Negroni siamo noi” by Giorgia Dal Bon, Ada Senelli, Yalian Wu (Print);
- UX/UI: “OFFline” by Susanna Cavenaghi (App); “Toy Buddies” by Valerio Pastafiglia (Web Design); “Star Whisperer” by Laurentiu Amato (Digital Publishing);
- Packaging Design: “Maison Slam” by Alessandro Borsani, Baldassarre Canino;
- Visual Artworks: “Ombre” by Diletta Fachechi (Animation); “Encage” by Nicolò Quartarulli (Animation);
- Editorial Design: “Gamestrack” by Alberto Barbatti, Sofia Bonino, Rossella Fiori; “Caroselli sul divorzio” by Saria Abagnale, Maria Consuelo Bonfà;
- Logo Design: “TFF – Torino Film Fest” by Elisabetta Vitale;
- Brand Design: “Sex Bud” by Claudia Veronelli;
- Photography: “Resilienza” by Laura Siviero.
The best Postgraduate Projects were:
- Advertising: “Conquer your duo” by Letizia Bultrini, Ludovica Delle Canne, Magda Cicchitti, Concetta Ventrice, Weyan Zhou (Campagna Integrata); “Stop al cyberbullismo” by Achille Ippolito (Print); “End Bias” by Sara Felice (Out of Home, Digital);
- UX/UI: “Detto Facto” by Antonio Caprio, Riccardo Cicconi, Erika Davidova (App); “Vivi Mac Mahon e Dintorni” by Chiara Pastori (Web Design);
- Digital Publishing: “XYR*” by Shakib Ahmed, Alla Koldunova;
- Editorial Design: “Corpvs” by Liang Hao, Jingwe He, Alla Koldulova, Mattia Poloni, Maya Rahmawati Putri, Annachiara Rossi, Sarah Zago;
- Photography: “What are you?” by Shakib Ahmed, Almudena Aragón Salmón, Alla Koldunova.
During the ceremony, the following Special Prizes were awarded as well:
- “Killing Brief” awarded to “Re-usable packaging” by Vincenzo Ciaccia from Wiko, the french-chinese smartphone brand ambassador of the democratic luxury, for conceiving the best creativity based on the partner’s brief;
- “Best Rank Lecturer” won by Luca Pianigiani, NABA lecturer;
- “Best Rank Students” won by Saria Abagnale, Alberto Barbatti and Laura Siviero, students of the first, second and third year of the BA in Graphic Design and Art Direction;
- “Grand Prix” the prizes dedicated to the best project among all of the categories, won by “Star Whisperer” by Laurentiu Amato, student of the BA in Graphic Design and Art Direction, winner in the category UX/UI, and by “Corpvs” by Liang Hao, Jingwe He, Alla Koldulova, Mattia Poloni, Maya Rahmawati Putri, Annachiara Rossi and Sarah Zago, students of the MA in Communication Design, winners in the category Editorial Design;
- “NABA for Goods”: the new Special Award dedicated to a selection of those projects that have expressed social values related to sustainability, inclusion and diversity or that have an educational and world-improving purpose awarded “Resilienza” by Laura Siviero, winner in the category Photography; “Gumi” by Elisabetta Battestini, Arianna Cannone and Rossella Fiori.
“Share your Position” the visual identity of this edition, realised by students Valentina Aquilini, Celeste Lamboglio, Alessandra Negri, Corinna Parravicini, inspired the animated layouts projected during the award ceremony realised by Gianluca Abbate, film director and NABA Lecturer, and the catalogue with the graphic design curated by Paola Lenarduzzi, NABA lecturer and art director.