On December 10th, live streaming on NABA YouTube channel, the first edition of NABA Communication Awards took place. The initiative was born and presented by NABA with the aim of decorating the best projects created by the students of the Communication and Graphic Design Area, and of celebrating the evolution of languages, styles and means of communication.
The winners of each one of the 15 categories, divided between creativity and crafting, and between the projects realised by the Undergraduate students of the BA in Graphic Design and Art Direction, and the Postgraduate students of the MA in Communication Design and of the Academic Master in Creative Advertising, were selected by a jury composed of professionals and experts within the fields of creativity, design, advertising, publishing and production.
The Undergraduate students were awarded with many prizes in the categories:
- Integrated Campaign: “Wake Up Your Dead Lover” by Nicolò Etiopia and Valerio Pastafiglia;
- Digital ADV: “Aimo” by Riccardo Rossi;
- Future Scenarios: “Observe” by Sara Tigano, Greta Tommasoni and Gaia Varani;
- Brand Identity: “Welcome to automation” by Marzia Cimino, Luca Fossati and Beatrice Gallazzi;
- Packaging Design: “Imaginary Shops” by Elisabetta Vedovato;
- Motion Graphic: “Scuf “by Riccardo Rossi;
- Animation: “Tales of Creation” by Lorenzo Mercanti;
- Illustration: “Together (for Sues)” by Yuri Falcioni;
- Editorial Design: “Per//Re/Verse” by Maddalena Stanca;
- Digital Publishing: “Mun Fanzine” by Nicolò Etiopia;
- Experimental Visual: “Passaggi” by Roberta Steri.
The Postgraduate students were awarded in the categories:
- Integrated Campaign: “EverybodyFUQs” by Ilaria Improta, Giorgia La Pegna, Shaurya Marhur, Gabriele Spallino and Beau Tomassen;
- Outdoor Campaign: “Legambiente” by Annachiara Rossi, Yara Saad and Sarah Zago;
- Brand Identity: “Quassù (Aprica)” by Melissa Buzzi, Irene Martinelli, Marco Terrizzi, Lorenzo Testoni and Qixin Zhou;
- Digital Publishing: “Stikazine” by Francesco Mereu.
During the ceremony the following Special Prizes were awarded as well:
- “Grand Prix” the prize dedicated to the best project among all of the categories, won by Lorenzo Mercanti’s project “Tales of creation”;
- “Best Rank Lecturer” won by Alberto Bettinetti, Lecturer of NABA’s Communication and Graphic Design Area;
- “Best Rank Students” won by Araya Rujikanjanarat, Nicolò Etiopia, and Yuri Falcioni, students of the first, second and third year of the BA in Graphic Design and Art Direction;
- “Killing Brief” awarded to the project presented by Gianmarco Gallo, student of the second year of the BA in Graphic Design and Art Direction, in Rome campus. The project was selected for the development of the best creativity based on the brief born from the collaboration with Acer, world leader in the ICT sector, and therefore was awarded with a ConceptD workstation, the brand new products conceived for content creators.
The award ceremony, under the guidance of Patrizia Moschella, NABA Communication and Graphic Design Area Leader, and Fabio Pelagalli, Course Leader of the MA in Communication Design, included many lectures among which the reflection about the future of communication by Professor Giuseppe Mazza. Finally, Inka Mantovani’s thesis project was the winner of “Premio Davide Bombonato”, the prize born from the collaboration with Dolci ADV that has been dedicated to the NABA alumnus and agency’s collaborator who recently passed away, giving her the opportunity to do an extracurricular internship at Dolci ADV.
The best projects were also published in a catalogue with the graphic design by blisterZine to collect the reflections of the contest’s jurors revolving on the theme The New Creative Generation. Coded and decoded.