DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED: BACHELOR OF ARTS DEGREE PROGRAMS (DIPLOMA ACCADEMICO DI 1° LIVELLO)
- Upper secondary school diploma (and certificate attesting the passing of the academic suitability test /national university entrance exam in the countries in which it is required) duly furnished with legalisation* and official translation into Italian**;
- One of the following documents as an alternative:
- Declaration of value of the diploma issued by the Italian representative in the country whose educational system the title belongs to;
- Statement of comparability from the Italian ENIC-NARIC centre (CIMEA);
- If the local education system includes less than 12 years of schooling, one of the following documents (duly translated and legalised) needs to be provided to bridge the gap of the missing schooling:
- The academic transcripts proving the passing of all the exams expected in the first year (or first and second year in case of education system lasting ten years);
- Certificates issued by other Italian or foreign universities for preparatory courses (foundation courses);
- If a student has applied for the recognition of previous credits and exams (transfer student):
- Academic transcripts of all exams passed duly furnished with legalisation* and official translation into Italian**;
- Original enrolment form;
- Photocopy of passport (or ID card for EU students);
- Photocopy of Italian tax code (codice fiscale);
- 2 passport-size photographs;
- Only for NON-EU students: valid residence permit or copy of the receipt issued by the Italian Post Offices upon applying for a residence permit (the copy of the residence permit must be submitted to the Academic Registration Office as soon as it is available).
N.B.: students holding the following qualifications are exempt from submitting a Declaration of Value or the Statement of Comparability (point 2):
- IB diploma (submission of the legalized title is still needed);
- A Levels only if issued by schools located in the UK (submission of the legalized title is still needed);
- French Baccalauréat Général only if issued by schools located in France (submission of the legalized title is still needed);
- Norwegian Vitnemål Videregaende Opplaering (submission of the legalized and translated title is still needed);
The documents listed at points 1, 3 and 4 must be duly apostilled (if the country that issued the qualification is a member of the Hague Convention. The list of Convention signatory countries and the authorities responsible for issuing the Apostille are available on the HCCH website). For countries that are not members of the Hague Convention, please refer to the Italian Diplomatic and Consular Representatives for legalisation.
** TRANSLATION: A translation into Italian of diplomas and university transcripts is not required for documents issued in the following languages: English, French, and Spanish.
ATTENTION: Students with a previous academic career at a different university requesting for the recognition of previous credits and exams (TRANSFER STUDENTS) also need to submit their university transcripts (duly translated and legalised) when enrolling. It is not necessary to submit the legalization and translation of the course descriptions which have already been sent in digital format during the application phase.
In this regard, it should be noted that the outcome of the Board’s assessment of previous university careers communicated to students during the admission phase is final and cannot be changed.
For those students who apply to be accepted to the first year without requesting the evaluation of their previous university career, the assessment of previous exams will not be made during the application phase and it will no longer be possible to apply later on.