The Foundation Year is a propaedeutic interdisciplinary programme aimed at candidates with a secondary school diploma or other diplomas regarded as appropriate, who do not meet all admission requirements for their chosen NABA bachelor’s degree course.
It provides applicants with adequate and sufficient linguistic as well as educational and cultural competences in the fields of interest to enable their enrollment on the first academic year of the relevant BA.
The program lasts approximately nine months (480 hours) and courses are taught in both English and Italian.
Upon successfully completing the Foundation Year, students are awarded a certificate issued by NABA.
During the Foundation Year, students will have the opportunity to achieve key learning objectives such as:
- Improvement of language skills
- Knowledge of methodologies of the field of interest
- Cultural education in Visual and Applied Arts
- Familiarity with the Italian historical-cultural-social context
- Language skills
- Digital skills
- Representation techniques
- History of Art
- Design technical languages
- Italian panorama
- Presentation skills