Campus & Facilities - ROME
NABAâ€™s location in Rome will occupy 2 historical early XX-century buildings currently undergoing renovation.
The site, only 200 metres from the Garbatella underground station, occupies over 3700 square metres and will include cutting-edge specialized laboratories, student areas, a library, lounge rooms and the administrative offices.
The campus offers three specialized labs, for a total of approximately 340 square metres, equipped with cutting-edge tools allowing students to develop their projects and hone their technical skills:
- Fashion Laboratory, equipped with industrial sewing and pressing machines, professional irons and standers, tailorsâ€™ mannequins and busts
- Visual Arts Atelier, completely equipped with facilities for printing and engraving.
- Media Laboratory, featuring the latest IT infrastructure and high-tech equipment for digital experimentation and artistic expression.
NABA students can benefit from the various rooms and spaces spread throughout the Campus:
- Study room, where you can study in a quiet environment between classes, working individually or in groups;
- Lounge rooms, free access rooms where you can enjoy a packed lunch or a snack at lunchtime or between classes. Classrooms are equipped with vending machines.
Just as in the Milan campus, NABA Rome is equipped with an intranet computer infrastructure connecting the over 200 computers available on campus. Every student has a virtual archive space in the NABA network that they can access from any device inside and outside the campus, also through an extensive wireless network.
Students can leverage a dedicated intranet, the MyNABA area, created for internal communication, where they can check class schedules, course and laboratory timetables, communications from the school, and all relavant academic information. MyNABA is also available as an app.
To better assist students needs while creating presentations, NABA has agreed a partnership with think-cell, international company providing professional Microsoft Office add-in.
The presentation suite think-cell serves a single purpose â€“ creating business presentations. think-cell is a PowerPoint and Excel add-in which enables the creation of professional business charts, such as complex waterfalls, Mekkos and Gantts, in a few minutes. think-cell also contains a powerful agenda component for rapidly composing clean slide layouts from standard elements. The Excel add-in is capable of consistently rounding numbers, even across complex calculations. If you would like to know more about the presentation suite think-cell, please visit http://www.think-cell.com/products/overview.shtml .
Free licenses of think-cell are available for NABA students and researchers. Students and researcher can find the license on MyNABA (Reserved area page for students and faculty).
NABA has signed an agreement with Apple offering Apple hardware products at affordable prices. Apple on Campus is a private and secure online store designed specifically for students, faculty and technical and administrative staff. It can be accessed from the Universityâ€™s intranet site, 24 hours a day, and offers all the advantages and convenience of online shopping. You can also call a Mac expert at 800-554-533, Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Apple On Campus online store offers several advantages:
- Discounts of up to 12% on Macs and up to 30% on the AppleCare Protection Plan
- Access to exclusive promotions
- Configure-To-Order service: online customization of your ideal Mac with the components you want
- Fast, free shipping on orders of over â‚¬40 (VAT included)
- Convenient telephone orders and Mac experts available at 800 554 533 from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Free engraving on every new iPod and iPad
- Special types of financing
Students, faculty and technical and administrative staff can access NABAâ€™s online AppleStore by logging in with the same username and password they normally use to access the reserved area (MyNABA)
See more at: MyNABA.
* New Rome location subject to authorization by the MIUR (Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research)