NABA is proud to launch a new contest aimed at awarding the best talents with 10 scholarships to attend the upcoming edition of the MA in Fashion and Textile Design starting next October 2016 ( 5 for the English language track; 5 for the Italian language track).
The competition aims to introduce potential students to their future teachers, who will assess their skills and background in order to determine their eligibility to attend the Master of Arts Degree in Fashion and Textile Design at NABA, Milan. Interested people are asked to introduce themselves by presenting an outfit or an accessory which reflects their own personality using the language of fashion.
Click the here below button to download the full brief
The competition is open to young designers that adopt and recognize in fashion a language able to visually embrace the essence of the contemporary world (music, visual arts, humanistic culture, technical/scientific culture, craft and industrial technologies, experimentation and tradition).
The best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA in Fashion and Textile Design starting in October 2016.
- 1st prize: n. 2 scholarships covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program ( 1 for the English language track; 1 for the Italian language track)
- 2nd prize: n. 2 scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program ( 1 for the English language track; 1 for the Italian language track)
- 3rd prize: n. 2 scholarships covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program ( 1 for the English language track; 1 for the Italian language track)
- 4 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program ( 2 for the English language track; 2 for the Italian language track)
DEADLINES & MATERIALS
The works must be sent by and no later than April 29th 2016. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by e-mail on May 23rd 2016.
Candidates are required to submit:
- Project Materials:
- Short description (max 200 words) of the concept of the project highlighting reasons supporting their choices
- Sketches and/or inspiration images
- Picture of the realized outfit/accessory
- Notes about the realization (i.e. sewn/made by the applicant, sewn/made by someone else, list of materials and techniques)
- Personal portfolio of works and projects/personal collection: (maximum 15 candidate’s best fashion design projects)
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Motivation statement
- Copy of Degree Certificate
- Academic Transcripts
- NABA Postgraduate Program Application Form – Academic Year 2016
Projects in digital format must be uploaded to the following address:
or sent by e-mail to:
Paper works must be sent to:NABA Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano International Admissions Office Via Darwin, 20 20143 Milan, Italy
When you submit your project, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org