CAMPUS & FACILITIES
NABAâ€™s campus is located within a historic 19th-century compound that was recently renovated with respect for its architectural value. Its 13 buildings are spread across 17,000 square meters, complete with green spaces and a garden, several specialized labs, a cafeteria, a language center, a library, student rooms, and lounges.
NABAâ€™s campus features state-of-the-art labs where you can create projects and hone your techniques:
- Fashion Lab, equipped with professional sewing and pressing machines
- Textile Library, with a collection of textiles and technical data sheets
- Textile Design and Knitting Lab, where you can develop projects using looms and dye tanks
- Design Labs, which include a Model-Making Lab and sections for working with metal, wood, plastic, and 3D design. The Model-Making Lab is equipped with tools for creating mock-ups in polystyrene. In the Metal, Wood, and Plastic Lab, you can create models that need more complex manual work. The 3D design section is equipped with a 3D printer, a laser-cutting machine, a vacuum thermoforming machine, and a plastic sheet bender.
- An Atelier, where you will learn the basics of painting with live models and develop your engraving skills. It is equipped with easels and counters for individual work.
- Calligraphic Engraving Lab, fully equipped for printmaking
- Media Labs, featuring the latest IT infrastructure and high-tech equipment for digital experimentation and artistic expression. The Media Labs include spaces for video editing, 2D and 3D modeling, and lighting design for video arts.
- The Light Design Lab is a camera obscuraâ€”a completely obscured space for setting up photo shoots. This lab is outfitted with standard equipment such as American stage lighting, blue screen backgrounds, standard spotlights, and lighting stands, as well as more sophisticated light mixers, spotlights, and lights.
- NABAâ€™s Sound Lab, featuring equipment for DJing and VJing, electronic music production, sound design, and sound branding
Student Rooms & Cafeteria
NABA students can benefit from the various rooms and spaces spread throughout the Campus:
- Computer room, equipped with large Apple monitors and access to Internet and NABAâ€™s intranet, where you can prepare personal and class projects
- Study room, where you can study in a quiet environment between classes
- Lounge rooms, where you can enjoy your free time alone or with friends
The Corner, NABAâ€™s on-campus eatery, includes a bar and restaurant offering breakfast and drinks and a self-service cafeteria open for lunch. On the roof of the cafeteria is a pleasant terrace where you can relax over lunch in the warmer months.
NABAâ€™s library collection contains more than 12,000 books, 50 magazine subscriptions, and 400 DVDs about various fields (graphic design, art, architecture, cinema), all for your free use in a quiet and beautiful place. The collection also hosts the degree theses of all our students from 2007 until the present.
NABA students also have access to online subscription and physical library membership resources, including:
- The Vogue America digital archive from 1892
- EBSCO Art & Architecture, a vast database of e-books and articles on art, architecture, and design
- Material ConneXion, one of the most important collections of materials worldwide, with a physical location in Milan
- Berg Fashion Library, a rich fashion portal that provides text and image content about world dress and fashion throughout history
The campus also features a fine arts shop and a copy center.
NABA recognizes the importance of knowing English for studying and working in the global art and design scene. The school has therefore made it a priority that all bachelorâ€™s students will graduate with a B1 level of English (or above).
To that end, NABA created its Language Centre to help students reach this level of English proficiency. The Language Centre organizes English courses, free of charge, at different levels. These courses run either for a semester or as an intensive four-week course. The Centre also organizes intensive remedial courses for students who wish to attend a degree program in English but donâ€™t have the necessary English level at the time of enrollment.
As a member of Laureate International Universities, NABA has a partnership with Cambridge English Language Assessment. NABA uses Cambridge tests to assess students for the purpose of granting language credits, as well as students who cannot produce a recognized certificate before joining one of the degree programs taught in English.
The Language Centre also facilitates language learning for students who wish to enroll in a Semester Abroad program with one of the Laureate Design Universities in the United States or New Zealand, which require a B2 level of English.
NABA is equipped with an intranet computer infrastructure connecting the over 200 computers available on campus.
To better assist students needs while creating presentations, NABA has agreed a partnership with think-cell, international company providing professional Microsoft Office add-in.
The presentation suite think-cell serves a single purpose â€“ creating business presentations. think-cell is a PowerPoint and Excel add-in which enables the creation of professional business charts, such as complex waterfalls, Mekkos and Gantts, in a few minutes. think-cell also contains a powerful agenda component for rapidly composing clean slide layouts from standard elements. The Excel add-in is capable of consistently rounding numbers, even across complex calculations. If you would like to know more about the presentation suite think-cell, please visit http://www.think-cell.com/products/overview.shtml .
Free licenses of think-cell are available for NABA students and researchers. Students and researcher can find the license on MyNABA (Reserved area page for students and faculty).
NABA has signed an agreement with Apple offering Apple hardware products at affordable prices. Apple on Campus is a private and secure online store designed specifically for students, faculty and technical and administrative staff. It can be accessed from the Universityâ€™s intranet site, 24 hours a day, and offers all the advantages and convenience of online shopping. You can also call a Mac expert at 800-554-533, Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Apple On Campus online store offers several advantages:
- Discounts of up to 12% on Macs and up to 30% on the AppleCare Protection Plan
- Access to exclusive promotions
- Configure-To-Order service: online customization of your ideal Mac with the components you want
- Fast, free shipping on orders of over â‚¬40 (VAT included)
- Convenient telephone orders and Mac experts available at 800 554 533 from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Free engraving on every new iPod and iPad
- Special types of financing
Students, faculty and technical and administrative staff can access NABAâ€™s online AppleStore by logging in with the same username and password they normally use to access the reserved area (MyNABA)
See more at: MyNABA.