Head of the Visual Arts Department
In 2004, Marco Scotini began serving as the head of NABAâ€™s Visual Arts Department. That same year he joined the Archive Gianni Colombo as its director, and in 2014 he began serving as the curator of the PAV - Parco dâ€™Arte Vivente Torino. In 2016 he joined FM Centro per lâ€™Arte Contemporanea as its artistic director.
Founder of the bookzine No Order: Art in a Post-Fordist Society, published by Archive Books in Berlin, Scotini has written essays for numerous Italian and international magazines, including Moscow Art Magazine, Springerin, Flash Art, Domus, Manifesta Journal, Kaleidoscope, Brumaria, Chto Delat? / What is to be done?, Open, South as a State of Mind, Arte e Critica, Millepiani, and alfabeta.
He is author/editor of the books Politics of Memory: Documentary and Archive (DeriveApprodi, Rome 2014, and Archive Books, Berlin 2015); Politiques de la vĂ©gĂ©tation: Pratiques artistiques, stratĂ©gies communautaires, agroĂ©cologie (Eterotopia France, Paris 2016); and Artecrazia: Macchine espositive e governo dei pubblici (DeriveApprodi, Roma 2016).
During his career, Scotini has curated more than two hundred solo exhibitions of artists from Italy, Eastern and Central Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. He has also curated several biennials, including the exhibition at the Albanian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale in 2015 (with NABA faculty member Andris Brinkmanis ) and three editions of the Prague Biennale, in 2003, 2005, and 2007.
His best-known exhibition, Disobedience Archive , traveled internationally for 10 years, with stops in several European countries, as well as the United States and Mexico. His most recent exhibitions include:
- Lâ€™Inarchiviabile/The Unarchivable: Italia anni 70, FM Centro per lâ€™Arte Contemporanea, Milano (2016)
- ecologEAST: Arte e natura al di lĂ del muro, PAV, Torino (2016)
- Too Early, Too Late: Middle East and Modernity, Pinacoteca Nazionale, Bologna
- EarthRise, PAV, Torino
- Grow It Yourself, PAV, Torino
- Da Capo: Deimantas Narkevicius, MSU, Zagreb (2015)
- Vegetation as a Political Agent, PAV, Torino
- The Empty Pedestal, Civico Museo Archeologico, Bologna (2014).